China Dead and Missing Nos Climb, Again!
Posted by terres on May 22, 2008
80,000 people are dead or missing in China’s earthquake, 300,000 injured
The government’s figure for the dead is 51,000 with 29,000 missing. It’s not known how many survivors were rescued from the rubble. In Beichuan county, about two-thirds of the population were killed.
[You Killed My Baby!] “A mother gestures as she confronts Zhu Qi (R), education dean of Mianyang city, while she and more than 100 parents attend a memorial service for their dead children at the destroyed Fuxing Primary School in the earthquake-hit Wufu town of Mianzhu county, Sichuan province May 21, 2008.” REUTERS/Jason Lee. (Image may be subject to copyright. See RTSF Fair Use Notice!)
A mother holding a portrait of her dead son confronts Zhu Qi (L), education dean of Mianyang city, as she and more than 100 parents attend a memorial service at the destroyed Fuxing Primary School in the earthquake-hit Wufu town of Mianzhu county, Sichuan province May 21, 2008. Parents said their children died unnecessarily because of the bad quality of the school’s classrooms. REUTERS/Jason Lee (CHINA). (Image may be subject to copyright. See RTSF Fair Use Notice!)
- China’s grieving quake parents start to voice anger
- China Earthquake, Heavy Death Toll, Corruption, Criminal Incompetence
- The Anguished Cries of China Quake Nurse
- Chinese paratroopers rescuing survivors or preventing plague?
- Chinese Leaders Incapable of Handling Quake Aftermath
- Beijing’s quick response to disaster won’t cover cracks of corruption
- Almost five million left homeless, China says
- Corruption blamed for rising death toll in China
- Parents’ grief turns to anger at shoddily built deathtrap schools
- Quake parents mourn their only child (Every Building survived the quake, except the school!)
- Quake parents grief turns to anger
- Terror in quake’s aftershocks