Fundamental Human Rights

The Right to a Sustainable Future [Filtered & blocked by Google!]

Posts Tagged ‘Japan’

‘NO!’ To Resurgence of Japanese Militarism

Posted by terres on August 21, 2008

Filipino women seek Japan’s apology for WWII rapes

AP – Saturday, August 16

MANILA, Philippines – Two dozen elderly Filipino women and their supporters protested outside the Japanese Embassy in Manila on Friday demanding a clear-cut apology and compensation from Tokyo for wartime sexual slavery.


SURVIVING WWII ‘COMFORT WOMAN’ – Downloaded under Creative Commons License – Source: http://flickr.com/photos/keithpr/772549382/sizes/o/

comfort-women
Former Filipino “comfort woman” Piedad Nobleza, 86, holds slogans during a demonstration outside the Japanese Embassy in suburban Manila on Friday Aug. 15, 2008. Elderly Filipino women and their supporters demanded Tokyo’s clear-cut apology and compensation for wartime sexual slavery by Japanese troops. (AP Photo/Aaron Favila). Image may be subject to copyright.

Japan has acknowledged its troops forced women into front-line brothels across Asia during World War II, and its leaders have apologized.

But last year, many surviving “comfort women” were outraged when then-Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said there was no proof the women were coerced.


Rangoon, Burma. August 8, 1945. An ethnic Chinese woman who was in one of the Imperial Japanese Army’s “comfort battalions” is interviewed by an Allied officer. Source: Comfort Women

“The Japanese government should publicly apologize and put in history how the women were abducted and forced to serve in the comfort women system,” said Rechilda Extremadura, head of a group called Lila-Pilipina that has documented 174 cases of Filipino women who were forced into wartime brothels. About 100 women remain alive.


Former “comfort woman” Lee Yong-Soo (L) stands beside her supporters holding portraits of Chinese, Philippine, South Korean and Taiwanese comfort women who were sex slaves for Japanese soldiers during World War II, at a protest held in front of the Japanese parliament in Tokyo, in this 14 June 2007 file photo. Japan on 27 June 2007 brushed aside calls from US lawmakers for a fresh apology to wartime sex slaves, even as the former “comfort women” renewed their demands for Tokyo to acknowledge their plight. Japan said the US move to pass a resolution calling for an “unambiguous” apology from Japan for the coercion of women into army brothels during World War II would not damage relations between the two allies. Photo from Getty Images by AFP/Getty Images. Caption Daily life. Image may be subject to copyright.

“This is a war crime,” Extremadura said. “But the Japanese government continues to be deaf.”

Virginia Villarma, 79, said she was victimized between 1943 and 1944. “We can never forget what they did to us. Until now, it’s been a wound in our chest.”

The Japanese Embassy in Manila refused to immediately answer a request for comment and asked that questions be e-mailed.


SURVIVING WWII ‘COMFORT WOMAN’ awaiting justice! Source: Survivor_1. Creative commons license. Some rights reserved.

Tokyo has generally refused to pay damages to individuals for the war, saying the issue was settled between governments in postwar treaties. Japanese courts have rejected a number of lawsuits brought by former sex slaves.

Related Links:

Posted in china, GENOCIDE, human rights, politics, racism | Tagged: , , , , , , , | 1 Comment »

Asians are Killed Like Flies in New Zealand

Posted by terres on June 17, 2008

Third Asian Murdered in New Zealand in One Week!

Original Entry:

Stay Alive; Don’t Go New Zealand!

See also: How many white NZ women are murdered assassination style after having their handbags snatched?

A 39-year-old Asian woman, presumed to be Korean or Japanese[ see update], was murdered in Auckland as her assailant who snatched her handbag knocked her down with his 4WD and drove over her.

The Asian victim suffered serious head injuries and died about an hour later.

The other two Asians who were murdered in New Zealand last week were Mr Navtej Singh, 30, an Indian shopkeeper who was shot to death in his Auckland shop, and Mrs Yin Ping Yang, an 80-year-old Chinese woman who was viciously attacked and fatally injured in her home.

Related News Links:

Background Information:

New Zealand: A Tourist Deathtrap!

Welcome to New Zealand!
And will you be playing New Zealand Roulette, or have you booked other games?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10493084

[Note: NZ government agencies have declined to provide the relevant stats on the numbers of assaults and murders of foreigners.]

A 25-year-old Korean national was killed on NZ State Highway 2
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4405769a11.html

Two Koreans were injured in tourist bus collision
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4405812a11.html

Three tourists hurt in vicious Queenstown street attack: “It was a very serious assault,” police said. http://www.stuff.co.nz/4405769a11.html

Links to recent tourist fatalities in NZ:
New Zealand: A Tourist Deathtrap
Canadian Tourist Murdered?
Murdered in New Zealand in the Prime of Her Life

A 57-year-old American tourist fell to his death after missing unmarked “path” in Mt Cook
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4394988a11.html

A British tourist killed in bus crash, fate of the other seriously injured tourists unknown
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4384845a11.html
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4386040a6009.html

Roads claim nine lives during weekend
http://nz.news.yahoo.com/080204/3/3ua9.html

One person is dead and two seriously injured in a tourist bus collision yesterday.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4354764a11.html

Crash raises road toll to 11 for January
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4342068a10.html

Tourist bus crashes with van, 1 dead.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4356238a6570.html

Three female Korean tourists, aged 18, 19, and 34, had their right arms amputated after the crash. Another passenger suffered a fractured eye socket.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4322877a11.html

Eight Chinese tourists were taken to hospital, one with serious injuries.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4240038a23955.html

West Coast bus crash injures 21 overseas tourists [with 10 receiving severe injuries such as fractured limbs.]
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4273025a6047.html

One tourist was killed and Eight others are in a critical condition after a head-on crash in Waikato. http://www.stuff.co.nz/4342236a11.html

22 foreign tourists run for their lives after their bus catches fire
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10485349

A 46-year-old Malaysian woman was raped in Auckland
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10492627

terres

Posted in china, environment, GENOCIDE, human rights, new zealand, politics | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment »

Chinese Leaders Incapable of Handling Quake Aftermath

Posted by terres on May 16, 2008

Clueless Wen Jiabao: Criminally Incompetent!

To climb a tree to catch a fish is talking much and doing nothing.” —Chinese Proverb

Wen Jiaboa, like the rest of the ruling gang in China is a criminally incompetent leader, incapable of protecting the interest of the Chinese people.

“Wen, seen repeatedly on state TV cradling infants and offering hope to earthquake victims, hailed the ‘order the country has maintained for the past 80 hours,’ the report said.”

What if the order does break up? Will the ruling criminal regime send in the special forces to do a Tiananmen Square job?


In the mind of Wen Jiaboa the Olympics comes first, disaster victims second! [Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao arrives in Yingxiu Town, the quake epicenter in Wenchuan County of southwest China’s Sichuan Province, May 14, 2008. (Xinhua Photo and caption). Image may be subject to copyright. See RTSF Fair Use Notice!

  • Premier Wen Jiabao and rest of the Ruling Gang in China (RGC) criminally underestimated the extent of the disaster.
  • Premier Wen and rest of the RGC delayed sending in the rescue troops in the early, crucial hours after the quake had struck.
  • Premier Wen Jiabao and rest of the RGC accepted a miserly ¥500million ($5m) from the government of Japan, which is probably more of an insult to the people of China than an offer of financial aid for disaster relief.
  • By accepting Japanese rescue troops (rather than teams from all other nations), a direct insult to the people of China, Premier WenJiabao and rest of the RGC proved their leadership skills are fatally flawed and that their personal interests supersede the national interest, the welfare of their 1.3billion subjects.
  • Premier Wen Jiabao and rest of the RGC are incapable of protecting the interest of Chinese people!

[ Note, the Ruling Gang in China (RGC) thought no one was watching! They lied even about the quake magnitude. The mainshock was recorded as a 7.9 magnitude earthquake by USGS, but the Chinese authorities reported it as 7.8 Mw.]


A rescuer from Japan receives an interview after arriving at Chengdu, capital of southwest China’s Sichuan Province, on May 16, 2008. A Japanese rescue team arrive in the quake-hit Sichuan Province in southwest China early on Friday to assist local disaster relief efforts. The Japanese rescue team, comprising 31 members including technical workers and medical stuffs, is the first group of foreign aid personnel to China following the devastating 7.8-magnitude quake which jolted a wide range of areas on Monday. (Xinhua Photo and Text). Image may be subject to copyright. See RTSF Fair Use Notice!

More photos: Click here!

Q: Is a corrupt, criminally incompetent regime in China good for the “Free world?”

Related Links:

-.-

Posted in ACTION, capitalist communists, china, disasters, food, food prices, foreign policy, health, human rights, humanitarian crisis, Imperial army, Japan, new zealand, politics | Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | 6 Comments »