Israel: A Terrorist State Targeting Anyone at Will
NO sane society could allow less than 0.1 percent of its population to exercise the power of life and death over the remaining 99.9 percent
Israelis murder 10 peace activists and leave at least 30 others wounded.
Former Ambassador Edward Peck, 81, who was aboard one of the ships carrying medical supplies to the Israeli-blockaded Gaza said:
“They came up in assault boats very quiet, muffled and the moon was out and they didn’t come up the moon path and the next thing you know they’re coming over the sides of the ship.”
The flotilla was carrying relief supplies including medical equipment to Gaza, the “open-air prison” that has been blockaded, repeatedly invaded and bombarded by Israelis on almost daily basis since 2007.
Peck says masked Israeli commandos raided the six ships in the flotilla, while the vessels were still in international waters.
“What we intended to do was to lock arms around the wheelhouse so they couldn’t get in and take that over,” Peck said. “We didn’t get enough so the Israeli soldiers broke through that very easily.”
The soldiers killed at least 10 of the peace activists and injured more than 30 others. About 60 people on Peck’s boat including 5 U.S. activists were detained for two days.
“I didn’t expect anybody to get killed,” Peck said. “I didn’t know anybody had been killed until I got to New Jersey this morning.”
“I think it’s unfortunate in every way imaginable,” he added. “The only thing that could’ve made it worse is if more people were killed.”
Israeli leaders say the murders were in self-defense.
Murder in Self-Defense?
How Rachel Corrie Was Murdered by Israeli Military
Rachel Corrie lies on the ground fatally injured by the Israeli military bulldozer driver. Rachel’s fellow activists have dug her a little out of the sand and are trying to keep her neck straight due to spinal injury. Picture taken at 4:47PM on 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Photo by Joseph Smith. (ISM Handout)
Rachel Aliene Corrie (April 10, 1979 – March 16, 2003) was an American member of the International Solidarity Movement (ISM) who traveled to the Gaza Strip during the Second Intifada. She was killed when an Israeli soldier drove his bulldozer over her as she protested against the destruction of Palestinian homes by the Israeli Occupation Forces in the Gaza Strip.
Israeli Occupation Forces murdered Rachel Corrie, but they couldn’t kill her spirit.
Tom Hurndall a student and a British peace activist was shot in the head the 11 April 2003 as he tried to help a Palestinian woman and her children flee Israeli gunfire. Tom Hurndall was shot as he moved towards the family in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip. He was wearing a fluorescent orange vest, and witnesses say that there had been no exchange of fire between the Israeli army and Palestinian gunmen that day. —Near
Tom Hurndall was in a coma for nine months after being shot in the head by an Israeli sniper on April 11, 2003. He died January 13, 2004. Source
James Miller, a British cameraman, was shot dead by Israeli soldiers. Photo source: Mona Baker
James Henry Dominic Miller (18 December 1968 – 2 May 2003) was a British (Welshman) cameraman, producer, director and recipient of numerous awards, including five Emmy Awards. He was murdered by a single shot fired by a an Israeli military sniper on 2 May 2003 while filming a documentary in Rafah. The soldier who shot him was identified as Captain Hib al-Heib.
American man severely wounded by Israeli troops
Israel must take full responsibility for the shooting of our son. —Mike Anderson, Victim’s Father
American Peace Activist Tristan Anderson, 38, from Oakland, Calif., was severely wounded after he was hit in the forehead and face by a tear gas canister fired at him by Israeli troops in the town of Naalin, in the West Bank, March 13, 2009. Photo AP. Image may be subject to copyright.
Associated Press Writer JERUSALEM (AP). The parents of an American man severely wounded by Israeli troops during a West Bank protest have asked Israeli police to launch an investigation, their lawyer said Monday. Tristan Anderson, 38, from Oakland, Calif., was struck in the head by a tear gas canister fired by members of Israel’s paramilitary border police in the Palestinian village of Naalin on March 13.
Anderson had joined a protest against Israel’s separation barrier, which cuts off Naalin from 300 acres of olive groves. In the past year, four Palestinians were killed in Naalin by Israeli troops quelling weekly stone-throwing protests against the barrier, according to Israeli human rights group B’tselem.
The couple’s lawyer, Michael Sfard, said he asked Israel’s police to launch an investigation. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8418011