Another Human Tragedy Deepens in China
Posted by msrb on September 18, 2008
Sanlu/Fonterra Tainted Milk Powder Victims Multiply
At least 6,200 infants across the country are known to have developed kidney stones after consuming Sanlu’s melamine-tainted baby formula, and three have died, China’s Xinhua news agency reported.
Ji Chuntang, the mayor of Shijiazhuang, capital of north China’s Hebei Province, was dismissed on Thursday over a tainted milk powder scandal, after he was relieve of his duties as vice secretary of the Shijiazhuang Municipal Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC) yesterday. (Source)
The Big Guns at CPC who are responsible for the extent of government corruption in China escape punishment, once again.
Fonterra, the New Zealand partner of Sanlu in their joint venture milk powder operations, will also evade prosecution and, in all likelihood, would not have to pay a penny in compensation to its Chinese victims.
- To NZ PM Clark: Confirm or Deny!
- CPC Big Guns: The Root of All Evil in China
- Global Food Alert: Deadly Baby Milk From China, New Zealand
- Chinese, New Zealand contaminated milk powder kills two
- Consumers being deceived of origin of powdered-milk: New Zealand Dairy Products Bangladesh marketing products with fake information
- New Zealand Health Warnings
Fonterra had Foreknowledge
Truth About New Zealand